Congregation B'nai Shalom was founded to serve the needs of traditional Jews in Chicago's north-west suburbs. As a traditional congregation, we strive to both fulfill the spiritual needs of our members and to inspire a growing knowledge, understanding and practice of living Judaism.
B'nai Shalom offers a complete range of educational, religious, and social programs for our members and the community. We offer adult education programs, social events, a men's club and sisterhood.
See our membership page for details about joining our family.
Click here to view other Jewish web sites and indexes of interest, including general Jewish, Holocaust, Israel, festivals, museums, software and graphics, and retail establishments.
B'nai Shalom is located in the middle of the beautiful Village of Buffalo Grove, in Chicago's northwest suburbs. Buffalo Grove offers its residents an unparalleled range of services, facilities and quality of life.
Join our Facebook group for CBSBG Members. Get the latest info and post your news items.
Join igive.com today through the link and make your online purchases bring donations to CBSBG.
Please get your High Holiday packets in by August 22.
RABBI DVORIN AND ROBIN will be joining us for a Shabbaton weekend beginning Oct 24. Friday night services will begin at 5:45pm with Mincha, followed by Kabbalat Shabbat and Ma’ariv; Saturday morning Minyan is at 9:00am, followed by Kiddush. Mincha, Seudah Shlishit, the Rabbi’s class and Ma’ariv, followed by Havdalah, will begin at 4:45 pm.
Services are 9AM on Saturday and Sunday and 6:13AM weekdays.
Join us for Minyan breakfast every weekday. Bagels, lox spread, all the fixings, coffee and sweets! On Fridays, omelets made to order! A $3.00 donation gets you breakfast and stimulating conversation.
Upcoming Shabbatons with Rabbi and Robin Dvorin are on
- October 24: Mincha/Kabbalat Shabbat will be at 5:45 pm.
- October 25: Rabbi and Robin Dvorin Shabbaton. Mincha/will be at 4:50 pm.
- October 31: Rabbi and Robin Dvorin Shabbaton. Mincha/Kabbalat Shabbat will be at 5:35 pm.
- November 1: Rabbi and Robin Dvorin Shabbaton. Mincha will be at 4:40 pm.
- November 7: Rabbi and Robin Dvorin Shabbaton. Mincha/Kabbalat Shabbat will be at 4:25 pm.
- November 8: Rabbi and Robin Dvorin Shabbaton. Post Shabbat Maariv will be at 5:35 pm.
- November 21: Rabbi and Robin Dvorin Shabbaton. Mincha/Kabbalat Shabbat will be at 4:15 pm.
- November 22: Rabbi and Robin Dvorin Shabbaton. Post Shabbat Maariv will be at 5:30 pm.
- November 28: Rabbi and Robin Dvorin Shabbaton. Mincha/Kabbalat Shabbat will be at 4:10 pm.
- November 29: Rabbi and Robin Dvorin Shabbaton. Post Shabbat Maariv will be at 5:25 pm.
Saturday morning at 9 am. Saturday Mincha starts around 2 hours before Havdallah followed by Seudah S'lishshit, Rabbi's class and Ma'ariv until we switch back to CST on Novmeber 9.
CBSBG presents: Movie Night! The next showing is November 12 starting at 7:30. The movie is Hava Nagila: The Movie Please note the earlier schedule for Nov and probably December. The fourth Wednesday night of every month we will be showing different tv programs of yesteryear. Open to all. There is no charge for these fun evenings of entertainment, snacks,and schmoozing!
CBSBG and Toladah Na’ Amat present Dueling Pianos. Doors open at 8 pm. Tickets are $30 each. Reserved seating available for tables of 10.
The Eruv is down until further notice. Info is located on the Ritual Info page.
ARE YOU A MACHER?
Show CBS how big a macher you are. Sign up for the Macher for a Day program. Call the shul office for more information.
B'nai Shalom has established a number of funds to receive contributions in memory of a loved one, or in honor of an aliyah or simcha, for speedy recovery from illness, or to commemorate any other occasion.
We now have the ability to accept such contributions online. Click here to access the donations form. This transaction is completely secure. There is no need to provide payment information online, since you will be billed on your next monthly statement.
Learn about the history of B'nai Shalom and our ark.